YMCA Victoria helps people experiencing disadvantage by subsidising the costs of our programs and services.YMCA offers a great range of programs and services for people of all ages, abilities, cultural backgrounds and lifestyles. Unfortunately not all people can afford to participate. YMCA Open Doors is in an initiative that provides full or partially subsidised access to YMCA programs or services for people in need.
It is part of our mission to provide equal access to health and wellness services to all members of the community, and help everyone lead healthier and happier lives.
If you or someone you know are experiencing financial difficulties but would like to access the our services, subsidies of 80-100% are available through YMCA Open Doors.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to people of all ages who cannot access our YMCA facilities due to financial difficulties. Applicants must be living locally to a YMCA or attending a school or service in the area.
All applications must be nominated by a referral agency in order to assess the individual's eligibility.
Referral agencies include:
- employment services;
- welfare organisations; and
- support groups.
Support and eligibility
All applicants must:
- be nominated by a referral agency to assess eligibility for subsidised access;
- be living or attending a service or school local to a YMCA;
- be accompanied by an adult while attending any YMCA program (only if they are a child under 10)
- have both an application form (to be completed by the individual seeking support) and a nomination form (to be completed by a referral agency) fully completed before being considered for support.
If you are an individual seeking support:
- find a program or service at the centre that you feel would benefit you;
- speak to the staff at a verified referral agency and tell them you are experiencing difficult circumstances and would like to access YMCA programs or services;
- download the application and nomination form (to be completed by you and a referral agency). Once the form is fully completed forward it directly to the YMCA Open Doors representative at your local centre.
If you are a referral agency:
- identify clients who would benefit from a YMCA program or service;
- review the programs and services to find a suitable one for your client;
- confirm that you will liaise with the YMCA so that your client will be supported throughout the time they are with the YMCA;
- download the application and nomination form (to be completed by you and the applicant);
- you are to verify that your client would benefit from participating in a YMCA program or service but due to their financial situation is unable to do so.
Please note: approval of an application is made at our centre's discretion based on the details provided.
YMCA Open Doors forms:
- application form to be completed by the individual seeking support
- nomination form to be completed by a referral agency to verify that the applicant is unable to pay but would benefit greatly from participating in a YMCA program or service.
Both of these forms need to be completed and submitted to the YMCA Open Doors representative at your local centre (forms coming soon).