We know how important good food is to hungry campers. After a day of adventure, relax and let us prepare your meals.
Our on-site professional chefs can cater for small and large groups in our dining halls. Our meal times provide an important opportunity for participants to come together and relax in the comfort of our large dining room.
Packages include two or three meals a day, starting with the most important meal of the day: a cooked hot breakfast; and ending with a delicious, two or three course meal for dinner. Lunch is available as an optional extra.
Full catering options are available at Howmans Gap Alpine Centre, with our experienced chefs able to cater to all dietary requirements.
Meals offered include:
- breakfast – cooked breakfast and continental are available
- lunch – a packed lunch including a roll, a cake or biscuit and fruit
- dinner – soup (winter), main course and dessert
- tea, coffee and fruit – available all day.*
*when accessing complimentary hot drinks, we ask guests to consider donating to YMCA Open Doors.
At Howmans Gap, we pride ourselves in ensuring all meals offer the very best in quality, quantity and nutritional value - in line with our healthy eating policy. All our meals conform to Nutrition Australia’s standards. Typically, we serve one menu option per meal.
A vegetarian option is always available. The menu is specifically planned to support people living with allergies. The staff at Howmans prepare main meals that have no added nuts, lactose or gluten; and provided adequate prior notice is given, our permanent chef can work with groups to ensure specific needs are met.
When booking at Howmans, you will be provided with a catering form that invites you to detail group numbers as well as specific dietary requirements.
Here's a sample menu:
- breakfast: cereal / cooked breakfast including bacon, baked beans, baked tomatoes, corn and veg fritters, eggs (poached, scrambled), hash browns and sautéed mushrooms / fruit / toast / hot drinks / juice;
- morning tea;
- lunch: homemade pizza with vegetarian and meat lovers toppings / BBQ - tender local beef and vegetarian delights with a selection of salads / grilled chicken schnitzel burger served with guest's choice of filling e.g. tomato, reduced fat cheese, shredded lettuce, mayo etc. / make your own wraps - chicken caesar and salad, Cajun chicken, or cold meats and salad / make your own burger - toasted Turkish bread with beef or veggie pattie, tomato, cheese, beetroot, slaw, cucumber and lettuce / fried rice Asian style with ham and vegetables or vegetarian option / pasta bake - options include Spanish chorizo, bolognese, broccoli and tuna, eggplant, creamy chicken or carbonara;
- afternoon tea;
- vegetarian options: chickpea and cauliflower curry with fresh spinach / baked eggplant, with stuffing of brown rice, vegetables and Napoli sauce / stuffed mushroom served with tagine sauce / coconut green curry vegetables with brown rice / Moroccan spiced bean and vegetable casserole / veggie lasagne - traditional Italian without the meat / lentil dahl;
- meat options: roast beef or pork with roast potatoes, pumpkin, steamed beans and corn with gravy / chicken cacciatore - baked thigh with tomato based sauce, smashed potatoes and vegetables / baked hake fillet with steamed potatoes, braised cabbage and steamed vegetables, topped with a lemon grass, lime leaf coconut sauce / fettuccine or gnocchi with a choice of carbonara or tomato-based Napoli sauce served with parmesan cheese / Moroccan chicken casserole or apricot chicken with couscous and steamed vegetables / traditional Italian beef lasagne topped with béchamel sauce and cheese (gluten and lactose free options as required), served with steamed broccoli and salad / grilled chicken breast with mango and coconut sauce with smashed potatoes and seasonal veg;
- dessert: fresh fruit salad and ice cream / homemade self saucing chocolate pudding / sticky date pudding with caramel sauce / bread and butter pudding with cream / raspberry
panna cotta / chocolate mousse / apple crumble with cream or custard.
To make the most of your time at Howmans Gap, we recommend guests leaving the catering to us. However, self catering options are available in our two cottages with self-contained kitchenettes all year round, and outside of the winter season for other accommodation.
For more information, please refer to the self catering guidelines.
Submit an enquiry today.