At Lake Dewar, our experienced chefs prepare meals with fresh ingredients from local suppliers to create nutritious, healthy and delicious meals for you to enjoy in our 200-seat dining room.
We offer full catering at Lake Dewar. Our meal times provide an important opportunity for everyone to come together and relax. Our catering team can prepare meals for table service, or buffet-style depending on the group.
We serve the following meals:
- continental breakfast
- morning tea
- lunch (packed lunches to take away can be arranged for those who plan to head out and explore)
- afternoon tea
- dinner and dessert.
Fresh fruit, coffee and tea are provided complimentary to guests at all times. If you’re celebrating a birthday, we can also provide a delicious birthday cake on request.
Here's a sample menu:
- breakfast: continental;
- morning tea: scones and jam / muffins;
- lunch: make your own rolls - choose from fillings of meat platters, fresh chicken, egg, tuna, tomato, carrot and cucumber, sliced cheese, lettuce / hamburgers - rolls with hamburgers, sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, sliced beetroot, lettuce, pineapple rings and condiments;
- afternoon tea: fruit platters;
- dinner: variety of pastas including spaghetti bolognaise, penne with cream mushroom and herb, served with green salad and garlic bread / roast chicken with roast potatoes, roast pumpkin, mixed vegetables, gravy;
- dessert: Dixie Cups / apple danish.
All meals served conform to Nutrition Australia's standards. We take great care in tailoring our meals to cater for most special dietary requirements, including cultural catering needs and complex food allergies.
All dishes and cleanup is done by camp staff, so there is no need to roster groups on for kitchen duty.
Lake Dewar is fully licensed and offers a range of local wines and a variety of beers. There is no BYO alcoholic beverage option at the camp, however a tab can be added to your final invoice or guests can pay for drinks as they go.
To make the most of your time at Lake Dewar, we highly recommend that guests leave the catering to us. However, self catering may be available in certain instances.